Author(s): Mark Beales
#1 best-selling guide to Thailand's islands and beaches*
Lonely Planet Thailand's Islands and Beaches is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Swim with sea life in crystal-clear coves, laze in hammocks under limestone peaks, or motorcycle along curved bays; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Thailand and begin your journey now
Inside Lonely Planet Thailand's Islands and Beaches Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, politics, peoples, lifestyle, economy, religion, arts, the sex industry in Thailand, cuisine, environment, wildlife, environmental issues
- Free, convenient pull-out Bangkok map (included in print version), plus over 65 maps
- Covers Bangkok, Phuket, Northern Andaman Coast, Ko Chang, Eastern Seaboard, Hua Hin, Southern Gulf, Ko Samui, Lower Gulf, Ko Phi-Phi, Southern Andaman Coast and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Thailand's Islands and Beaches isour most comprehensive guide to the country's island and beach getaways.
- Looking for more coverage? Check out Lonely Planet Thailandfor a comprehensive look at what the whole country has to offer; or Discover Thailand, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
- Looking for a guide focused on Phuket or Bangkok? Check out Pocket Phuket or Pocket Bangkok, handy-sized guides focused on the can't-miss sights for quick city visits.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
*Source: Nielsen BookScan. Australia, UK and USA